Location Development & Governance
Where is the Visioning Spaces sanctuary and healing gardens to be built?
Toronto, Ontario is the location for the first one, because:
- The need has been expressed by many groups of people in Toronto, after seeing Visioning Spaces presented to them over recent years. Link to testimonials)
- Toronto is on the north side of Lake Ontario, historically the winter meeting place of North American First Nations peoples, long before Canada and the USA existed.
- Millions of people of cultures from all around the world live in pluralistic Toronto.
Note: In the future there will be many Visioning Spaces near major population centres in North America and beyond. Building the first in Toronto is expected to spawn the rest, starting next with Chicago.
Where in Toronto, and how to fund it?
- To be readily accessible:
- By public transport, to be open to everyone and minimise carbon footprint.
- On private land:
- To preserve and control its integrity in perpetuity.
- Land costs in Greater Toronto are astronomic.
- B. Visioning Spaces cannot be built on public land, for political reasons.
- A special gift of patronage is required, to purchase we believe will be a golf course, and re-purpose it to be Visioning Spaces.
- Visioning Spaces needs patrons to buy the site.
- Once the site is purchased, capital is raised to develop perimeter land with complementary uses such as hotels, restaurants, office, scientific research, schools, cultural uses, etc, that can daily benefit from the special qualities of Visioning Spaces, its parkland and sanctuary.
- Development profits help fund further development and running costs.
- Developed over many years, even decades.
Sanctuary building costs:
- A budget of around CAN$15M, plus soft costs and landscaping, depending on the actual site acquired.
- Preserve the purpose of Bringing Peace in perpetuity.
- Allow Visioning Spaces to evolve with society.
- Each centre to have a not-for-profit organisation with a forum of spiritual leaders and distinguished scholars, of all creeds and traditions, guiding executive directors.
- Directors employ operational staff and engage extensively with volunteers.
- The sanctuary building by day is a place of contemplation, and in the evening a meeting place for events of up to 300 people. All seating is movable.
- Visioning Spaces expects tourists from around the world.
There is an enduring legacy awaiting the people who build Visioning Space. May you be guided to contact us if that is you.
Your thoughts and feelings on Visioning Spaces? Please let us know: